Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson's Image After His Passing



I think that Michael Jackson needs Priscilla Presley to step in and take control of his estate and image ASAP. Why Priscilla? She did a fine job with Elvis and saved the legacy for her daughter. I'm sure that she stepped on toes and did what she had to in order to save Elvis' name. She knew that he, like so many artists, was worth more dead than alive. A shrewd woman indeed. And MJ's estate needs a Priscilla Presley. It will be hard to weed through the parasites that are now surfacing after MJ's passing.

I don't know Priscilla personally, nor do I know Lisa Marie. I met Elvis once when I was young. I know many stories that have been told, some in books that were written, some through certain parts of the family. The one thing I know is that Priscilla Presley is smart, brave and has no problem weeding through the parasites. She earned a certain "not-so-nice" nickname in certain parts of my family because of this. And I was always in awe of her for this....nickname and all. She had some brass ones...and probably still does.

Michael Jackson, gave his entire life to the music and entertainment business. That is what he will be remembered for. Yes, he made some bad decisions. From the looks of it, some awful self-destructive, decisions. It was obvious for years that Mr. Jackson was not a healthy man in body, mind or spirit. A healthy man would not have walked down the paths where he ventured.

I, like so many others, was very disappointed by his bad behavior. There are a lot of things that can be forgiven, but when it involves children, there is no forgiveness from me. But to be honest, none of us really knows what went on in that house. Only the people who were involved know the truth.

I hope Mr. Jackson's children will find peace and happiness. I hope his affairs get in order quickly so that they can hopefully be as lucky as Lisa Marie was. God only knows where they will go now. But one thing is for sure, what is coming next, all those dirty little secrets that will bubble up after death, will be a spectacle that will put Anna Nicole Smith's train wreck to shame. The only hope is if someone steps in quickly.

Either way I appreciate all that Michael gave us. Because good, bad or indifferent, he gave his entire life to an image that was impossible to sustain, a talent that may never be matched again and an example of tragedy from which many people should learn.

Rest In Peace Michael Jackson.

P.S. if you are looking for the link to Lisa Marie Presley's Blog, here it is. A great read.

No comments: