Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Entry...Here We Go...

I've been considering this blog for years. My time is limited...normally. However, with the economy the way it is right now, I seem to have all the time in the world. I am now among the many small business owners who have declining sales. Sales for this month alone are 60% off from this time last year. Of course, the only reason we climbed to a 60% decline instead of the 75% we were touting earlier this month was thanks to the sale of some fixed assets. So technically we can't consider those as "sales"....but we are anyway since they represent money to pay the rent and utilities.

2008 has brought many things my way. Most were unwelcome. I'm finding that there are too many thoughts in my head. So instead of continuing to annoy my friends and family, I thought I would just post them here. Although I realize that I am now among the millions of bloggers, I wanted a place to express my views that had nothing to do with my business. I blog for the business too, but I needed a place that was free of insulting any future or past customers.

Back in the day, we used a private diary to purge our thoughts. However, why waste perfectly good and bad thoughts on a diary that no one will read? Seems more efficient, albeit self indulgent, to post them here and let the world read them. I'm not ever going to seek public office so what the hell. My guess is that few people will find this blog among the sea of blogs out there in the blogosphere or www.world. I figure I'm pretty safe in expressing views and ideas that may not be shared by the majority.

No comments: