Thursday, October 30, 2008

Walking...not as easy as it looks



Walked the dog yesterday afternoon. She is a strong dog and loves to pull me along. Mr. Incredible (husband) calls it "P takes her out for a drag". Yep, that was it.

We were almost home, and there were 2 blood hounds being walked by their owner ahead of us and a car coming behind us. P kept dragging me and I was trying to keep her safe and out of the road. I turned to see the car approaching from the rear and BAM! I fell so fast I wasn't sure what happened.

After hitting the ground I realized really quickly just what happened. I twisted my ankle so badly the pain was AWFUL! I was crying and groaning while trying to keep a strong hold on P by her collar. That was a feat in itself. The driver stopped and asked me if I was OK, which I really appreciated. However, he had 2 dogs in the back of his truck. Luckily it was covered so they couldn't get out, but they were barking at me and P and P was barking at the dogs and the nice driver. And of course the owner of the blood hounds was there with her dogs too. If you have lost count, that is 5 dogs & 3neighbors in the middle of the street...and of course me...Grace is my middle name. Needless to say, P was trying to protect me, but was almost dragging me because she was lunging at both the guy on the street, the dogs and the situation.

The last thing Mr. I said to me before I left for the walk was "Do you have your cell phone?"
"No," I said, "I don't need it"...famous last words. As I was lying there in pain, I was thinking to myself...Yep, I'll never live this down.

Luckily Chris, the nice guy who stopped, offered to call someone. I wasn't thinking clearly and accidentally gave him a wrong number. Luckily I remembered Mr. I's cell phone number and was coherent enough to recite it.

I have to thank Chris and the other lady who also stopped for me. Luckily Mr.I was around the corner on his way to an appointment. So he was there to scoop me up within 30 seconds.

Today was spent at the orthopedic doctor. I have a lovely boot, brace and a nice prescription for pain killers.

Drama...2008 has brought a lot of it!

No comments: