Wednesday, December 22, 2010

From the, "This would only happen to me" file....

Mr. I and I went to visit our Financial Guy for our annual check-up. It was one of those meetings where you leave with a few printed reports telling you how broke you are. Anyway, after the meeting I needed to go to the Lady's Room. So, I headed down the hall, stack of papers in tow.

I entered the bathroom and realized I had no place to put the papers. So, I put them on the back of the toilet. Now...don't get ahead of me here...

I sat, did my business (strictly liquid, if you must know) and then stood. As I stood I felt and heard a rustle of papers. I turned quickly to find one of the reports (the full report mind you) there, in the toilet, marinating in "my business". Of course, I had to grab the papers. Now what? I retrieved them from the toilet and stuck them in the garbage. I realized that my entire personal report, all 4 pages of it, was the information that took the plunge. The other two sets I was holding were fine.

Now, after retrieving the soggy report, I had to go tell my Financial Guy's daughters (they work there as well) about my dilemma. Of course, I had to apologize for what they were to find in the trash can. And, of course, I needed them to print another report. Luckily, I know these people pretty well.

A normal person would have been mortified, or at the very least, embarrassed. I really wasn't embarrassed. I found it more amusing than anything. My first thought, after, "Oh No! I have to put my hands....in there!" was, "Wow! This will make a great blog post or FaceBook status."

I ask you....WTF is wrong with me? I've been overtaken by the narcissistic reality show bug? Just have to put my business on the street? Well, maybe. But you have to admit, it was pretty damn funny.

I hope beyond hope that the fall wasn't a sign of my financial status for 2011. Because if it is, that's really gonna piss me off.

No comments: