Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


Well, here is 2010. I sure hope it will be a good year. Since it is Friday, New Years Day, that helps ease into the new year. Because does anyone realize that come Monday, January 4, will be not only the first Monday of a New Year, but the first Monday of the new decade. No pressure to actually complete those New Years Resolutions....no pressure at all.

I never believed in making a declaration as to what you are resolving to do for the new year. Hell, for many years now, I didn't believe in resolutions at all. For a good part of my life, I made resolutions during the year so there was no need to make them at the first of a new year. But I'm wondering for this year, if I can pace them out. That way maybe some of the list will actually get accomplished.

Last year, I resolved to branch out and do different things and to start meeting more new people. I did this. Being the over achiever that I am, I even started early. I managed to do many new things starting October, 2008 and continued into 2009 including, but not limited to:
  1. Falling with the help of my WonderDog in October, 2008 and re-injuring my left ankle.
  2. Falling again with the help of my WonderDog in February, 2009 and severely strained my left hamstring.
  3. Managed to sever my ACL and severely tearing my meniscus of my Right knee on April, 2009 requiring surgery (May 18, 2009) and 6 months of rehab.
  4. Finally joined FaceBook after many invitations to do so.
  5. Actually went to visit many of my High School Classmates in Dallas for a mini reunion (29 years) most of whom I reconnected with through FaceBook.
  6. Started blogging for both business and personal reasons.
  7. Joined Twitter. Many reasons for this, but mainly just to prove to myself there were some like minded people out there that I would enjoy talking to. After FaceBook I realized 90% of my High School are now not only GOP they are RW.
  8. Met new friends...like minded believe it or not.
  9. Actually branched out and left the house to meet the new Twitter friends face to face. For those who know me well, know that was a big deal.
  10. Got even more involved politically. Wrote numerous letters and made many calls to my Representatives and President. Volunteered with Mr. I to drive voters to the polls on election day. We did what we could to fight the good fight for Health Care and Equality.
See...many new things. Some good, some bad, but most pretty new for me.
This year, I've made another list. I'll report on them when they are accomplished. Don't really want to set myself up for public failure. Much better to re-cap the year of what I did do, instead of what I didn't.
I think I'm going to make a list of 12 things. And tackle 1 per month. That is something new for me. But no matter how many things are on the list, it all amounts to the following:
2010 New Years Resolution:
Get Happy. Time's a Wastin'.

No comments: