Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blogging...I really must do that more often


As we all know, there are only so many hours in a day. Yada, yada, yada...I need to blog more. It isn't for lack of material, but more a lack of "using my time wisely". I got good marks in elementary school for that, but somehow I've lost the knack of good time management or whatever they are calling it now. I know it would help if I would crawl out of bed earlier, immediately run 3 miles and accomplish everything on my list before noon. But who am I kidding. That's not going to happen anytime soon. But maybe I can accomplish the goal of blogging more. Sounds like a good New Years Resolution. Ahhh....procrastination, she is a wicked friend of mine who visits more often than she used to.

So here are my thoughts for today:

I've come to the conclusion that my life is MUCH more interesting when I'm sleeping. Seriously, I have a good life, but I have a better dream life. All the interesting places I go, things I create and people I visit. Not to mention the fact that I am almost always thin in my dreams. So what is not to love?

However, like any good movie or book, the dreams come to an end. The dreams make way for reality for those of us lucky enough to wake up this side of the dirt. And when I wake up, the responsibilities and minutia of the day are there saying, "Hey Biatch...get to work". To quote Linda Ellerbee, "And so it goes."

I'm not sure what that says about me that I find life much more interesting when I'm sleeping. I'm not sure I want to say it out loud. But somehow I think it is something that I need to fix. Yeah, whatever...I think I need a nap.

No comments: