Sunday, December 20, 2009

Boredom..a journey


It is 6 pm on Sunday and I'm bored. There I said it. Nothing really happening on Twitter or FaceBook tonight. Well, there is all that Senate debate about Health Care Reform, but other than that there is nothing. I've had to disconnect from much of that. The sausage factory is starting to stink more than normal.
I could pick up a book or count my blessings....but, who am I kidding. That's not going to happen. It is much more fun to bitch.
I figured I can blog. However, to tell the truth, this is boring me too.
I'm not happy. I don't know why. No one can fix this but me. With the new year approaching, I feel the need to make some changes with myself. But where do I start?
I've noticed that time is racing by. I've said many times, the only way to slow down time is to have a job you hate, or go to jail. Neither of those choices seem appealing. My life is passing me by and I might as well start making the best of it. But I seem to be stuck in a rut and a funk...at the same time.
Like I said earlier, I'm not requesting help with this unsettled feeling and I'm not going to go all "Up With People", Polly Anna, Count my Blessings bullshit. This is just me, admitting that I've got to make some changes.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step. Admitting it on a public blog for all to see...I guess I'm either completely narcissistic or self-loathing or a combination of both. On the other hand, it is probably more that writing is how I work things out. I'm usually private about it, but what fun is that? It is 2009...throw it on the public wall and see if it sticks.
Ok...I'm still bored.




No comments: