Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Mall-The Day After Christmas


I'm not sure what possessed Mr. I and me to visit the mall today. Actually, I just wanted to add two capiz shell snowflakes to my new collection for the fireplace. Yes, the irony of me having the bah humbugs but yet put up some decorations (sans a tree) is not lost on moi...but I digress. As with so many trips to the mall, the picking up of the capiz shell snowflakes led to waiting in a slow line. God was testing my patience today. But I stood there, to give them my $14 like a good little soldier of the consumer army.

After leaving one of my favorite stores, Restoration Hardware, snowflakes in tow, we decided that we needed a little more feeling of rudeness. So we walk around to Pottery Barn. Then back to visit a friend at Davis Kidd. And on this journey I was lured into Coldwater Creek to pick up a couple of sweaters. They were having a 50% off sale on THE ENTIRE STORE. How could I pass that up? So I scooped up the sweaters, and stood in the longest, slowest line in all the land. The line rivaled that of a Six Flags ride. It was the kind of line where you get to know the people around you. You hear their stories, and as you stand there listening, you forget not only why you are standing in this insane line, but you forget what items you are holding in your hands. Was it worth this effort? The jury is out since I didn't try anything on. I like living life on the edge.

So that was my day after Christmas. On to warm up some leftovers and uncork the wine. Hope your day was fun.

No comments: