Friday, December 25, 2009

Holiday Hermits




I think we may have started a new tradition this year. Holiday Hermits.

I'm not sure why, but I had zero, zip, nada Holiday Spirit this year. I went about making the motions to see if I could knock myself out of the Festivus Funk, but to no avail. So here it is, December 25th and Mr. I is feeling bad so we aren't going to see a movie. That is really OK with me. Not that he isn't feeling well, of course. I don't like it when he is sick. But it is OK with me that we aren't getting out to see a movie. It is cold, WINDY, rainy and very gray today. We have 3 Netflix movies that we haven't seen, so staying in is just fine.

We did peruse the movie section, just to see if anything peaked our interest. We really want to see 4 actually. "Nine", "Avatar", "Up In The Air" and "Sherlock Holmes". But Mr. I really wants to be feeling good to see "Avatar". I felt like "Up In The Air" and "Sherlock Holmes" could be good Netflix movies. But "Avatar" and "Nine" need to be seen in a theater first. Don't you love the way we rationalize and justify whether taking a shower, getting dressed and riding in a car today is worth it or not? Let me give you a hint: I'm making this post at 12 pm-ish still in my Christmas jammies. Mr. I is taking a nap. Holiday Hermits are we.

I had a lovely surprise this morning. Mr. I made me Christmas breakfast. French Toast, Scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. It was tre YUMMY! Tonight's feast will consist of two steaks that are bigger than my ass (yes, that is MIGHTY big) and the usual sides, plenty of wine and homemade Key Lime Pie for desert. Santa, aka Harry Hanukah, brought Mr. I a beautiful new grill that he got for a wonderful price. It's a much fancier one than we have ever had before. So we feel rich. Well, until the bills come due.

So, that is what is happening at our house today. All things being equal, I'd say Holiday Hermits should be the new wave of celebratory traditions.

Merry, Merry! Cheers!

No comments: